Monday, July 14, 2008

Follow Up

I have received some comments regarding my last post. Brad and Angie, are more than entitled to name their sweet baby boy whatever they choose. I am glad they have chosen to have children. I am so glad they have rescued children out of poverty. I am glad they have taught them to love and appreciate all races. I am sure they stand for tolerance in every sort of way. I am sure they are loving caring parents and will love their little precious Knox to death and spoil him and give him everything he could possible want and desire.
Except for.... a stable parental relationship. What happens when they split? I know they are not married but what are the odds really?
Except for a solid Christian foundation and Biblical truths.
I realize that A & B are advocates for adoption, and many other wonderful "global" awareness issues. Wonderful.
I don't know if it is them that I can't stand- or how people follow them like a religion. How our society is obsessed with them. The fact that 4+ people notified me that they named their child Knox shows me how "aware" we are with their everyday going lives, it is pretty sick.
Are we as aware of people who are doing the work of the Lord? Are we as aware of the men and women out there sharing their faith in foreign lands, sacrificing everything? Are we as aware of the precious family unable to have their own children that are adopting in a quiet way?
Just thoughts....
Perhaps I was wrong to say they are disgusting... they are "beautiful" to look at trust me. They have decent motives, and who am I to say what they are really like. Perhaps it is the MEDIA that is disgusting to me and makes me sick?
My whole venting and going on a tangent is just.... really, of all the people in the world why do they have to pick the name Knox. It is just annoying to me.
For those of you who read this and thought I sounded "UN-Christian" so sorry. I guess I'm in titled to vent and have my own opinions. Sorry if I offended any one.

2 comments:

The Howells said...

Don't worry, I understand that you wanted to be original with your baby boy's name, I dont think alot of people have named their kids Maddox or Pax so maybe Knox will stay safe too :) at least you are the 1st! How is Mr. Knox, Ace says... You are entilted to your thoughts, if people are just challenging u on your reflections, its just like a conversation, to say "well, yea, I need to hear both sides sometimes". I understand what u are saying, lots of people in Hollywood dont feel the need to get married before having children which is wierd & wrong, but how wierd would it be to grow up in Hollywood anyways, its like a different planet! Lots of people had the exact same thoughts as u, i was reading other people's posts on the hollywood websites when i was on yahoo & discovered this yesterday!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Carey - you don't need to defend yourself at all or worry about what you said! It is the beauty of a blog! I agree with you that the fascination the media and America has with Brangelina and most of Hollywood is disgusting!