Thursday, December 20, 2007

Rainy Day at home

Dear Friends-
Today is one of those days where I truly question if I am accomplishing anything. If you were to see my house right now... there are no words.
Ann Tatum has been sick, again, with a double ear infection. Not only that but having some weasing and breathing issues. We went today for a treatment and came home with an inhaler. This is all pretty scary. Needless to say, all I've done is hold her. In the moment when I look around the house I have 2 options 1) to cry and become overwhelmed with all I need to be doing. or 2) to sit by the lights of our Christmas Tree and cherrish the time to slow down and hold my sweet baby girl. So, thank the Lord, I have chosen the second. For me, this is progress, this is a sweet place to be. Knowing that I am doing exactly what I have been called to do- serve my family in all its snotty glory.
My prayer is that everyone is well by Christmas! Please join me in praying the same thing.
Thank you for letting me vent here- gramatically incorrect and everything.
I pray you are all slowing down to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas!

4 comments:

Kitty Brown said...

Sorry AT is still sick. Let us know if we can do anything - we're around all weekend.

Callen and Michael Martin said...

Carey, this is such a sweet post! You are right...it doesn't matter how clean or tidy your house is. I know ATB appreciates all the love and comfort you give her!! And Knox is so cute in all the pics on Kim's blog!!

Courtney said...

double ear infection - scary! i can only imagine the stress you've been feeling with all of that at christmas time, but i am so glad you're choosing to love on your babies and relax about it all. that's truly what this time is about! praying for you and your little ones...

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry AT is sick! And I'm so sorry I missed the get together at your house ... I hope you guys had fun! Hope to see you soon! Merry Christmas!