Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The 4th of July Outfits

Just look at the precious matching outfits!
This picture might as well just be John Henry- he's the only immobile one.
The cutest one we got!
One of the Family- can you tell how ticked the kids are?
Emily, Allen and sweet Big Boy Joh Henry
I made 3 very precious outfits for Knox, Ann Tatum and John Henry to wear on the 4th of July. But, as those of you with children know, they are not always as cooperative as our baby dolls use to be. Here is how the story went.

Ann Tatum was sleeping during the parade and didn't wear hers.

John Henry was late to the parade and wore another precious outfit.

We were going to change the babies and take pictures later that evening. But, Ann Tatum was ready for bed and way to fussy for pictures. John Henry was exausted and later we found out was cutting his first tooth.

After Aunt Emme and I had a good cry we were ok. Knox wore his matching outfit to the fire works by his lonesome. He didn't care!

So, the next evening we thought we'd try again to do picture on the beach.

But, just was we showed up.... a huge storm came. We through everyone in the car and drove across the street to the Cloister to get pictures. By then the kids were tired, it was dark from the storm and all I could think about was how badly I wanted a glass of wine.

Here are the pictures... just laugh. I am now!

Please enjoy so all my hard work isn't in vane.

4 comments:

embc said...

LOVE their outfits! i'm very impressed that you had the time to make them!!! all of your beach pictures are too cute. knox and at are really precious!

Kitty Brown said...

The outfits are cute! I continue to be impressed with your sewing talents. We got back today from SD -- great trip, but in the various airports there were lots of tired, whiny little people, making me instantly think of my friends (like you) who have braved the not-so-friendly skies with their tots. Yikes. Hopefully you had a better experiences than some of the moms we encountered!

Summer said...

Hey Carey..I somehow stumbled upon your blog and was so glad to see you all! Looks like you all are doing well...the kids are adorable! SO impressed w/ the sewing! Hopefully we'll run into again sometime soon! Summer Sisk O'Neal

Mr. Baker said...

I like your comment under the picture of Carrie and I. Real subtle.