Dear Friends,
I am quite disturbed today. My Sister n'law Erika, text me this morning to inform me that Brad and Angelina named one of their twins KNOX. Really, of all names do they need to pick Knox. I can not stand Brad and Angelina, I can't stand anything they stand for, I think they are disgusting and a disgrace to families. I am just to peturbed. Now anytime I tell people that my precious little boy, who has been Knox for 31/2 years is named Knox. They'll say..."like Brad and Angelina's little boy!! " GROSSSSSS MEEEEE OUTTTTT! I don't want my Sons name soaring to the top of the trendy name chart. I don't do trendy names- I despise trendy names. UHHHHH.
Ok- so I know there are bigger things that I could be concerned with in the world- like the possibility of Obama being our future president, the price of gas, the number of diapers my family uses and fills up land fills, etc... but I choose on this day to really be disturbed by my child having the same name as a Jolee- Pitt or whatever the Hell there last name is, poor kids.
Please don't any of you even say this has some type of reflection on the mother/family. I will BAN you from our blog.
Here is the info- http://popsugar.com/1782269 see for yourself.
6 comments:
Maybe they'll call him Leon?
thanks Kitty, I was thinking the same thing after I went on my tangent. I know my reaction was a big extreme-just one of those things in life that makes you go, REALLY?
I'm wondering why Angelina and Brad are a 'disgrace to families' and 'disgusting'. I have no attachment to them but how is adopting 3 children out of poverty a disgrace? How is raising children that do not recognize race but love a problem? I realize it was just a rant but calling people disgusting and disgrace is incredibly judgemental and un-christian. Your faith is clearly shown on the blog but some of the most important tenants of Christianity seem to be missing from that last blog. It is that type of comment that make us Christians seem so hypocritcal.
rebecca- who are you?
carey, i can't remember if i have commented on your blog yet or not, but i have enjoyed checking it from time to time over the pas few months! glad to see you are doing well and the pics of your precious family!
anyway, i had to laugh when i read this post as i have recently expressed similar feelings about celebrity names on my blog. my daughter sydney's middle name is 'rose' which we chose not b/c it was popular, but b/c it had personal meaning as an abbreviation of my maiden name. then, last week i read several articles citing that it was 'trendy', 'very common' and the middle name 'du jour' after nicole kidman and keith urban named their daughter 'sunday rose'. and although they are not creating nearly the hoopla that brad and angie are, i still get what you are saying....it is annoying, isn't it!?! good news is that it is likely that by the time our kids are grown no one will remember who these kids are, right? :)
melissa (rosenbaum) platt
I completely agree! The lovefest with Hollywood and "Brangelina" is despicable. I think it is more of the media's fault than anything. The media is the root of all evil. But you do have to wonder if Pitt and Jolie would be doing this stuff if the media wasnt hyping it up so much. The media needs to get a life and so do the people who read all about their exploits in US Weekly and People magazine.
Post a Comment