Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pooping at the Park

Ok- just a quick funny story to give you a view into my ever glamorous life.

Yes, I said pooping. I have a precious 3 year old little boy who has taken the potty training thing very seriously. We started the process in December, and once he decided he was ready- there has been no turning back and very few accidents. So, with that said. We, Knox, Ann Tatum, Ella the dog and I were at Edgewood Elementary last Monday afternoon trying to enjoy a lovely winter day. We had been there, oh 5 minutes when Knox announces that he needs to poo poo. I the ill prepared Mother headed out the door with nothing in the stroller. So, we march over to the woods- at the edge of the Elementary School and I tell Knox to drop his draws and sit on the large log I found and let 'er rip. Yes, the log was a potty. And soon on the log was another log. Knox was very proud of himself and Ann Tatum and Ella were very curious. Imagine- I am trying to keep poop from getting on Knox. Ann Tatum is trying to climb onto the log and see what her brother is doing and well, Ella is trying to get her nose in Knox's business to see what he is doing. Needless to say I did not have enough hands for the situation. Not to mention toilet paper or wipes. So, we used a dry leaf- which did not work very well. Once we were cleaned up- sort of and back on the play ground. Knox announced that he needed to poo poo AGAIN!!!!!
Yep- we went back and did the entire process over again! As if once wasn't enough! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! This time the leaf didn't work so well and we had to head home for a bath.
UMMMM HMMMM Just a taste of my glamorous life.
So- for all you Mom's out there- always carry wipes with you, even if you think your child is potty trained. For all you Mom's out there who wish your child was potty trained- sometimes diapers aren't such a bad thing.
If you are headed to Edgewood Elementary any time soon to play on the park- just be ware of where you are walking.

5 comments:

Callen and Michael Martin said...

Oh Carey!!! You are SUCH a trooper!! Super mom for sure! That is hysterical!!

embc said...

that is hilarious! i can totally see that happening to us.

Kitty Brown said...

Wow. That's about all I've got. Wow.

Stacey said...

SO funny!! I can't tell you how many parking lots Tucker has "used" when he can't "hold it" long enough to make it home! I now have toilet paper in my glove compartment! Oh, the luxurious life of a mom.

Dani said...

That's funny.

I am sure recess was pretty interesting the next day at Edgewood Elementary. (Look what I found on the playground!!!)

Chris