Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The First Day of Kindergarten

It is official, my Baby Boy started Kindergarten today.
We are so thrilled for him and know that he is going to have a wonderful year.
I can't believe the time has come and was prepared to be a little more sad than I was. I was truly excited for him. It is time.
I was only sad for myself as we enter a new phase of life. No lazy mornings. No mornings at the zoo, park or pool. Only School each and every weekday for 13 more years.
I have been so blessed to be home with him his entire life.
Today as I dropped him off and left him in the hands of a very precious teacher, I could smile knowing that I didn't miss a minute of his arriving to this point.
Now it is time to let go and let others teach and mold him into a Little Man who loves the Lord. Hopefully and Little Man who learns to read and count and spell and know scripture, and history and science too. :)

The Big Buddy ( this is what we call him) dressed in his uniform.
Yes, I am so excited about the uniform. Such a no brainer
On the front porch at 7 am ready to go.
The backpack pose- Annie T. had to join in the fun.
I know it will be her turn before I blink my eyes.
Just a sweet story.
We all loaded up to take Knox to school. Ann Tatum wasn't sure she wanted to leave Knox.
We walked him to his classroom and said our goodbyes. Everyone did just fine, no big deal. We then went to a breakfast for the kindergarten families. As we were leaving the school Ann Tatum started asking, "Where's Knox?""We can't leave Knox here." Then we got in the car and for a good part of the ride home she called for him.
Break my heart!
At that moment I did shed a few tears.
It was a quiet morning with a lot of Little Sister wondering where Bubba was.
Big Hugs!
Daddy and His "Best Big Buddy."
I will always cherish his hugs. I know he won't always stop and do this on his way to school.
A big high 5 on the way in the door!
Walked in, went to his desk and was ready to go.
When I picked him up today he said " Do I get to go back tomorrow?" Yes, yes you do, everyday for the next 13 years.
Sweet, sweet Knox,
I pray that you grow in your love for the Lord above all. My prayer for you is that you become a Godly leader to your peers and that you are a light to the lost world around you. We desire that you do you work as unto the Lord and try your hardest. We love you unconditionally. I am so proud of you and am thankful for every second you have been in our lives. I am a better Mother because of you. Thank you for showing me the joy in the little things and reminding me just how much fun it is to see the world thru the eyes of a child.
I can't wait to see what God has in store for you.
Happy First Day of School, I Love You!!

5 comments:

embc said...

Love the pictures! Such a sweet post. He looks adorable in the school uniform too. Sarah Ann will wear them next year and I'm so ready for that! Happy Kindergarten!! I think it's the best year of school...but I'm a little biased.

Kitty Brown said...

Hooray for Kindergarten! I would do that year over again in a heartbeat (In fact Knox, want to trade?). Knox is going to have so much fun. The pictures are so sweet!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Such a precious post!!!

Natalie said...

I can't believe he's in Kindergarten already! The time goes too quickly. What a fun, happy time.

Mr. Baker said...

That is so crazy. He is like old now; it just hit me looking at those pictures. Sounds like he is enjoying school though.